The Southeast ADA Center and its Kentucky Affiliate, MLM Associates, have created an employment rights guide for veterans with disabilities. The guide includes practical information to help veterans with disabilities understand their rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The ADA assures that all people have the same opportunities and rights.
The “Know Your Employment Rights Under the ADA A Guide for Veterans” guide is now available as a PDF. The guide discusses the following topics and more:
• the ADA’s definition of disability, which is broader than the military’s
• protecting veterans with disabilities from discrimination in their job search
• reasonable accommodations employers are required to make for veterans and other people with disabilities
• disclosing a disability to an employer or potential employer
• where to turn if a veteran feels his or her employment rights have been violated
• veteran employment initiatives and related websites
Another very helpful site for veterans is Understanding Your Employment Rights Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): A Guide for Veterans from the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Commission.